Shawn Moore’s practice is focused on representing clients in matters involving construction litigation, real estate and leasing disputes, public contracts and complex commercial contract disputes. Shawn is an experienced trial attorney with over 20 jury trials to verdict in State and Federal Court throughout California.
Prior to joining Murphy Austin, Shawn served as Of Counsel with Young, Minney & Corr, LLP, where he represented public charter and private schools as both plaintiﬀs and defendants, including matters involving breach of contract, lease agreements, government tort claims, sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, premises liability, and property damage.
Prior to his work with Young, Minney & Corr, LLP, Shawn managed an oﬃce of trial attorneys litigating up to 600 cases at a time for a Fortune 100 property and casualty insurance company in 32 counties and Federal Courts in Northern California, including cases with signiﬁcant exposure. Shawn also worked for another Fortune 500 property-casualty carrier, where he served as Associate Managing Counsel and the Subrogation Practice Group Leader. In that role, Shawn’s responsibilities included managing team members, strengthening relationships with business partners, client relations, and handling liability and subrogation cases. In addition, he served on the national leadership team for the subrogation practice group.
Shawn has designed and developed best practices for law firms, trained trial attorneys in the art of examination and cross-examination of expert witnesses, and has regularly consulted with attorneys and claims professionals on case resolution strategy.
Shawn has worked for private law ﬁrms defending retail establishments in premises and product liability cases, manufacturers of a variety of goods including automobile and recreational products, and local small businesses.
Shawn is a past board member of Choices Charter School in Sacramento.
University of Arkansas School of Law
Law Review, National Moot Court Team, Student Bar Association
Case Note Editor; Arkansas Law Review Contributor
B.A., Organizational Communication, 1987
• State Bar of California
• Arkansas Judiciary / State Bar of Arkansas (inactive)
• Board Member, Choices Charter School in Sacramento (2004-2006)
• Board Member, Positive Coaching Alliance (2014-2017)
• President, Sacramento Waves (2014-2017)
• Sacramento County Bar Association, Member, Construction Law and Civil Litigation Sections
• Past member of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Represents clients in complex construction litigation matters involving construction site accidents causing personal injury and property damage;
- Represents clients in contract disputes, including matters involving lease agreements and a variety of service agreements;
- Defended manufacturers of various products and their retailers and distributors, including bleachers, safety goggles, personal watercraft, and automobiles;
- Pursued on behalf of an insurer and its insureds product liability cases involving manufacturers and distributors of dryers, ceiling fans, plumbing fixtures, heavy equipment, hand tools, and fire suppression systems;
- Represented agricultural businesses in premises liability disputes involving property damage, personal injury, and wrongful death.