Lauren Barker’s practice focuses on advising community health clinics on regulatory and business matters. She counsels clients on matters related to telehealth, patient privacy, audits and reconciliation appeals, overpayment investigations, mergers, acquisitions, and dissolution as well as employment issues including workplace investigations, employment agreements, policy development, and employee training. Lauren has advised clients on federal regulatory compliance with HIPAA, the 60-day rule for overpayments, 340B Program requirements, and HHS and sister agency regulations.
Prior to joining Murphy Austin, Lauren worked at DJR Health Law & Consulting and Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann and Girard, where her practice focused on healthcare and business law. She also worked with Content Creators Coalition, a national artist advocacy group, advising on intellectual property and labor law issues including copyright enforcement, royalty negotiation, policy development, and outreach.
Lauren received her J.D. from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
J.D., 2015, Dean’s Honor List
- Occidental College, Los Angeles
B.A., Double Major in Philosophy and Spanish, 2010, Dean’s List
- State Bar of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Health Care Law
- California Lawyer’s Association, Business and Environmental Sections
- American Health Law Association
- Represented primary care clinics in facilities licensure and enrollment matters;
- Represented Federally Qualified Health Centers in regulatory compliance matters related to participation in federal health care programs, audits, overpayment investigations, and other nonprofit and general health care issues;
- Represented clinics and clinic consortia on regulatory matters related to payor contracts, HIPAA compliance, impacts of new and potential legislative changes, and general regulatory compliance.
- Co-Presenter, “Necessary Care, Uncompensated Costs: Challenges for FQHCs when Providing Obstetrics Services,” CPCA Annual Meeting, October 13, 2023
- Co-Presenter, “Navigating Compliance with SUD Records Laws,” CPCA Compliance Symposium, March 11, 2022