Jon Riese’s practice is focused on general business and real estate transactions, estate planning, trust administration and probate.
Jon counsels his clients in the formation of general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and corporations, the acquisition, development, operation, sale and exchange of real property and businesses, and all aspects of lease negotiation and documentation for office, commercial, shopping center and industrial properties. Jon also provides estate planning services including the preparation of wills and establishment of revocable trusts and is skilled in the areas of probate and trust administration. Jon draws on over 36 years of experience as an attorney to provide high quality, comprehensive and personalized service that is responsive to the needs of individuals and businesses across a variety of industries. As a recipient of the prestigious AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, Jon has been recognized by his peers for maintaining the highest level of professional excellence.
A long-time resident of the Sacramento area, Jon takes an active interest in the welfare of our community. He has served on the Board of Directors of Sacramento Cottage Housing, a nonprofit organization which provides transitional housing and support services for the homeless, as well as the West Sacramento Housing Development Corporation, a nonprofit affordable housing builder. Currently, he serves on the Board of Directors of the Fort Sutter Lions Club and Elk Grove Babe Ruth Baseball League.
Jon earned his J.D. from UC Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco and received an A.B. in Economics from the University of California, Davis.
- UC Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, J.D., 1985
- University of California, Davis, A.B., Economics, Honors, 1982
- State Bar of California
- Fort Sutter Lions Club, Board Member (1997 to Present)
- Elk Grove Babe Ruth Baseball League, Board Member (2017 to Present)
- Sacramento Cottage Housing, Past Board Member
- West Sacramento Housing Development Corporation, Past Board Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member, Real Property Law and Probate & Estate Planning Law sections
- California State Bar, Real Estate Section.
- California State Bar, Estate Planning Section.
- Represents entities and individuals in all phases of business counseling, including formation through dissolution.
- Counsels businesses and individuals on estate planning matters, including the preparation of wills and establishment of revocable trusts and is skilled in the areas of probate and trust administration.
- Advises clients on the development, operation, sale and exchange of real property and businesses, and all aspects of lease negotiation and documentation for office, commercial, shopping center and industrial properties.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating AV (1996 – Present)