Cynthia N. Oshiro’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, including business, real estate and construction litigation and insurance disputes. Cynthia has practiced law in California for more than 25 years and also maintains a Hawaii State Bar license.
Prior to joining Murphy Austin, Cynthia was a litigation attorney for 20 years with the law firm of Willoughby, Stuart, Bening & Cook, one of the first specialty insurance coverage and bad faith practices in Northern California. At Willoughby, Stuart, Bening & Cook, her practice focused on business and real estate litigation, as well as insurance litigation and legal malpractice.
Cynthia earned her J.D from Santa Clara University School of Law and received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of Hawaii. In addition, Cynthia formerly served as a legislative clerk for the Hawaii State Senate Consumer Protection Committee.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara
Honors: Dean’s List
- University of Hawaii
B.A. Political Science, 1987
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Hawaii
- Hawaii State Legislature, State Senate Consumer Protection Committee, Clerk
- California State Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Represent policyholders in commercial insurance litigation and disputes over insurance coverage.
- Represent clients in real estate litigation with respect to contract, easement and quiet title disputes.
- Represent owners, developers and contractors in construction disputes related to warranty, defect and negligence actions.