Murphy Austin is pleased to announce that six of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Mike Schoenfeld has been named Sacramento Lawyer of the Year For the fifth time and Scott Alexander has been recognized in three practice areas.
- J. Scott Alexander, Construction Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Real Estate Litigation (2024)
- Russell J. Austin, Real Estate Law (1997-2024)
- Jeffrey W. Curcio, Corporate Law (2020-2024)
- Ellyn E. Nesbit, Appellate Law (2013-2024)
- D. Michael Schoenfeld, Construction Law and Construction Litigation (2007-2024)
- Alexander F. Stuart, Commercial Litigation (2013-2023), Insurance Law (2006-2024)
Special honors go to D. Michael Schoenfeld, who has been named for the fifth time as Sacramento Lawyer of the Year, in both Construction and Construction Litigation for 2024. Mike was previously named for Construction Litigation (2022) and for Construction Law (2015, 2017, and 2019).
Additionally, J. Scott Alexander has been recognized for excellence in three separate practice areas, Construction Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Real Estate Litigation for 2024.
Best Lawyers recognizes outstanding attorneys by using a sophisticated survey process based entirely on peer review on a national level. The “Lawyer of the Year Award” is only awarded to one individual for each specialty and location and is rated with the highest overall peer-feedback, making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism and their integrity.