Employers often view the Department of Industrial Relations (the “DIR”) as a resource only for employees. Did you know that the DIR website has a host of helpful information for employers too? We encourage you to review the site, where you will find:
- The Division of Labor Standards Enforcement Manual, which provides the department’s guidance on a wide variety of wage and hour topics;
- Discussion of the Paid Sick Leave Law, including a Frequently Asked Questions portion;
- The Industrial Welfare Commission Wage Orders, which every employer must familiarize itself with;
- Information on required workplace postings;
- Frequently Asked Questions on Hours of Work, Employment Status, Wages, COVID-19, and Working Conditions;
- Information on Injury and Illness Prevention Plans;
- And much more.
Check it out!
Related practice team: Labor and Employment