Peter Austin assists with general civil litigation matters, covering a broad range of substantive areas, including contract disputes, eminent domain actions, corporate derivative actions, zoning disputes, intellectual property matters, and other business-oriented disputes.
While attending the University of Chicago Law School, Peter drafted legal documents and researched legal issues at the Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship and at the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, Welfare Litigation Bureau.
Peter received his B.A. in History, with honors, and a minor in Biology from Swarthmore College. He earned his M.A. in East Asian Studies at Yale University and was awarded his J.D. from University of Chicago.
- University of Chicago Law School, Chicago, IL
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
East Asian Studies
- Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA
B.A, with honors, 2002
History with a minor in Biology
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Member, Board of Directors, California State Railroad Museum (2011-2017)
- Sacramento County Bar Association