Why Murphy Austin
We offer our attorneys the opportunity to develop their legal careers in a professional, collegial atmosphere, encouraging each to be active in the community. But we also understand the importance of maintaining a balanced quality of life, respecting family relationships and the pursuit of interests outside the firm.
In addition, we offer opportunities for growth in many areas.
Personal/Professional Development programs to encourage you to:
- Participate in an ongoing mentor program
- Benefit from internal and external leadership training programs
- Explore your marketing goals with marketing director support
- Join boards and support community programs
- Find a cause that matters to you
- Develop meaningful relationships in the business community
Practice Development, provides you with the support and encouragement to:
- Attend regional and national training programs to learn
- Legal skills
- Trial skills and deposition training
- Build your practice
- Connect with trade and industry professionals
- Partner with senior attorneys to develop and host seminars
- Partner with senior attorneys to write articles
- Associate compensation includes a bonus program that encourages and rewards client development
- Quarterly associate meetings
- Quarterly marketing opportunities
- Attorneys across practice groups work together to develop cross-marketing strategies
You never have to face the day alone. Each new associate can expect to work directly under the guidance of a supervising attorney. Assigned mentors provide direction and relevant knowledge on work assignments. These valuable relationships facilitate greater interaction among lawyers of varying experience levels and enhances overall work experiences and professional development.
While some attorneys specialize in particular areas of law, many work in more than one area and with attorneys from more than one practice team. We encourage attorneys to pursue their interests in developing an area of concentration and/or expertise and welcome the development of new areas outside those presently offered.
Murphy Austin believes that ongoing training for our attorneys is the surest means to providing the highest quality service for our clients. For this reason, attorneys at all levels regularly attend, both in-house and outside, continuing legal education programs throughout the year. Attorneys also participate in seminars and national and regional trade group programs so that they can focus on developing business and building client relationships early in their careers.